Thursday, July 21, 2011

Welcome!

Hi, friends!  I want to take the time to welcome you Confessions of a DIY-aholic.  I am a new blogger, so bear with me for a little while until I get the hang of this site.  I have to admit that my computer/gaming skills probably peaked when I was in grade school.  Remember the Nintendo 64 and The Oregon Trail?  Yeah...I could rock those out.  Today, I can't even figure out what all the buttons on modern gaming controllers do, or start to tell you what html codes go where.  I always wondered when I would become my mother, but it's becoming blaringly obvious that I've been evolving into her all along!

At any rate, I'm really excited to share this time of my life with you guys!  I really love being a housewife, but cannot deny that I'm somewhat domestically challenged when it comes to the whole cleaning and laundry part of the job.  It's not that I can't do it, it's that I can find so many other things I'd rather do!  I mean, really, who LIKES doing laundry?  Not I, friends, not I.  No, I'd much rather spend my time rummaging through thrift shops, shopping for Craigslist finds, and re-purposing furniture and other odds and ends to decorate my house.  With this blog, I hope to motivate at least one person to tackle some DIY (do it yourself) projects the way so many other bloggers out there have given me the nudge I needed to get going.  I'll be sharing with you my DIY projects and ideas on cooking, baking, giving furniture and other odds and ends new life, and of course, you'll probably hear about my cute little family from time to time.  I hope you enjoy the site!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! If you have a detailed question, please email me at ConfessionsofaDIYaholic@gmail.com.