Saturday, August 20, 2011

From crummy to cute.

My brother owns a construction and roofing company, Seth Molen Construction.  Recently, he's purchased a few houses that I don't want to say he's flipping, but he's improving, and renting them.  His last "find" was quite the gem.  The previous tenant had dogs (I think 5?) and chickens in the house.  It was left in a complete, disgusting mess, and guess who got to deal with that?

**Waves hands like crazy!!**

That's right.  Me.  And my mom.  The dynamic duo.

I know a post like this is worthless without pictures, so here are a couple "before" shots:




No joke, huh?  That is N-A-S-T-Y.  What you can't see in these pictures are the ceilings and light fixtures that were covered in cobwebs and orange fly feces.  Yummy, right?  Well, after weeks of scrubbing every room of that house, floor to ceiling, and painting until our hands were one solid callus, it was done.

Ta da!




The floors still have to be tiled/carpeted, but holy wow- it's a huge improvement.  

Anyhow, that's why you haven't seen much from me lately.  That house has really zapped my energy...but I do have something else to show you, as soon as I get some sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love to hear from you! If you have a detailed question, please email me at ConfessionsofaDIYaholic@gmail.com.